Saturday, November 3, 2007

Fontana de Trevi (Trevi Fountain)



This beautiful fountain is the very end of the Aqua Virgo, an aqueduct constructed in 19 BC. It provides water to all the fountains in the center of Rome.









The legend about Trevi Fountain is that if you stand with your back to it and throw a coin over your shoulder, you will return to Rome. You can see that I am really hoping for that! (I was also hoping not to hit a tourist with my coin, because it was so crowded that I couldn't get close to the fountain).

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

Thanks for the pics! I feel like I'm getting a history lesson along w an update on Zo :)

Popsy said...

Hi Lindsay,

Just checking in to see if there were any updates. You said to leave a post when we drop by.

Let us know how things are going.

Love ya

Kacy said...

Great pictures Lindsay!!

Hollace said...

Hey Lindsay, when are you going to give us some new pictures? We know you're having adventures one right after another! So show us your stuff!! Love, Mopsy